20060126

Nelson, with reference to your comment..Just thought its too long to be a comment...

I am talking about the place...and someone whom u have in mind..if theres one in the first place. coz the place and its weathered patina makes you construct some fantasical imaginary landscape and relive memories that you miss. It is amazing because Prague's strange political history slowed down the architectural movement in style relative to rest of europe.. so much so that we get to see such well preserved gothic and all these fusion of subsequent archi styles to produce its current patina...its simply powerful. when i have more time i will show somemore pictures explaining what i mean..but it is simply daunting how a place can evoke such powerful emotions. And this reminds me of a post that i did earlier about powerful spaces. I wonder if I can design like that someday...with an experiential vision more than a formal theoretical approach that I gravitate towards. Though i must say it should be the balance of both.

The translation of a brilliant design idea which results in an emotionally moving, impactful space, that transcends history, time and space...

back to the question of romanticism of a place in relation of love? not someone there for sure. not me at least. the statues are more charming that anyone i saw there haha. either that or im terribly emotionally frozen to be ever moved by 'exotic' faces.whatever..

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the long response to my comment^^ You should drop by my school one day to check out the architecture department if u're interested. I'm sure you know where Pratt Institute in Brooklyn is. But wait, are you even coming back to Brooklyn?
Love is such a weird thing isnt it? I find it hard to fall in love anymore, especially after you;ve been hurt really bad once. Would love to see more of those photos of Prague.As for myself, I've fallen in love with Brooklyn and New York, even though i've only been here for less than 2 years. For some reason I'm not that enthusiastic about Singapore, perhaps even a certain dislike. I think other than the colours and the space that makes up a place, there are other things that make it beautiful too, like the people and their culture and even the scent in the air. Everything adds up to give you a certain flavour and wholesome experience, wouldnt you say?^^

Friday, January 27, 2006 2:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!

Monday, January 30, 2006 12:32:00 AM  
Blogger livingfuneral said...

Thanks..Xing Nian Kuai Le

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 7:29:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gong xi fa cai

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 11:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home